- to help her develop insight into her behaviour, behaviour of others.
- to help a child get in touch and work through painful experience.
- to help a child re-experience happy events.
- to find an alternative to certain situation.
- to understand why the situation occurred.
- to understand and find solutions to problems that may occur.
- to avoid problems from becoming negative situations.
- Imagination needs to be designed very carefully so that the child is in control of the situation. It is important to have the child enjoying the situation, it should not be a stressful situation for her child.